The next Functional DNA Nanotechnology Workshop will be in June 2016!
Download Book of Absract of FDN2014 here
Objectives of the workshop: Share knowledge and ideas in an informal environment about:
- Functional DNA nanotechnology (nanostructures, DNA origami, etc)
- Synthetic biology
- DNA-based sensing
- DNA-peptide chimera
Organizing Scientific Committee:
2013 ERC Starting Grantees in the field of DNA nanotechnology
- Francesco Ricci, University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Italy
- Tim Liedl, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Germany
- Ido Bachelet, Bar Ilan University, Israel
Invited speakers (see more details here)
- Kevin W. Plaxco, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA, “Stealing nature’s tricks to build better biosensors”
- Michael Famulok, Bonn University, Germany, “Nanostructures based on interlocked DNA architectures”
- Shawn Douglas, University of California, San Francisco, “Nanoscale Construction with DNA”
- Tambet Teesalu, Sanford-Burnham Institute, USA, “Tumor penetrating peptides”
- Ebbe Sloth Andersen, Aarhus University, Denmark, “DNA and RNA origami design”
The workshop has been held in the Palazzetto Mattei, inside Villa Celimontana (see here). This beautiful park is located on the western slope of the Celio hill at a short walking distance (900 m) from the Colosseum.
Get a sense of the workshop from the pictures posted here.